On the last day of Bout of Books 18, I finally finished Love Walks In by Samantha Chase. And I read 30 pages of Does This School Have Capital Punishment? by Nat Hentoff before calling it a night.
The total number of books I finished during the read-a-thon was 13. This is around half of what I usually read during Bout of Books, but being sick and having sick children cut down on my reading time and and on my ability to stay up late reading. I'm hoping for better reading conditions for Bout of Books 19 this May.
Here's my final list of books read this week:
- Read and Buried by Erika Chase
- The House of Dies Drear by Virginia Hamilton
- The Night Swimmers by Betsy Byars
- Over the Hills and Far Away by Lavinia Russ
- The Windy Hill by Cornelia Meigs
- The One Hundredth Thing About Caroline by Lois Lowry
- Switcharound by Lois Lowry
- Your Move, J.P.! by Lois Lowry
- Ramshackle Roost by Jane Flory
- The Lost Umbrella of Kim Chu by Eleanor Estes
- With a Name Like Lulu, Who Needs More Trouble? by Tricia Springstubb
- A Grandmother for the Orphelines by Natalie Savage Carlson
- Love Walks In by Samantha Chase